|Description:|| Performs professional design work in planning and preparing designs and drawings for residential landscape projects. This individual is responsible for all services associated with the development, documentation, and presentation of a broad scope of landscape designs. Work is performed under general supervision and is reviewed in progress and upon completion. Experience in design/build preferred. |
- Prepares and presents preliminary and final drawings for residential landscape projects ranging in size from $2,500 to $500,000.
- Performs site analysis that includes the assessment of current plants, soil conditions, orientation, views, drainage, context, and architectural style on the property.
- Communicates well with clients, maintenance account managers, and other team members (including subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, etc) on the project team.
- Researches topics such as new plants, new design trends and products, development guidelines, and zoning codes.
- Makes public presentations when necessary to discuss the project complete with supporting graphics/documents.
- Reviews plans, proposed changes, and any other necessary documents.
- Provides design support during construction as needed by the team.
- Works in periods of short deadlines and has ability to prioritize workload
- High proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, and AutoCAD
- Considerable knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices of landscape design.
- Good practical knowledge of horticulture and plant identification.
- Considerable skill in the preparation of plans and specifications.
- Skill in the use of drafting design and presentation software.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Design/build experience preferred
EDUCATIONGraduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in landscape architecture or 5+ years of experience in landscape design; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.